Madanes is an expert in medical & medical liability claims management. Successfully managing 100,000 claims annually with accumulated experience of more than 30 years, we can say we treated almost all kinds of claim.
Our accumulated experience and knowledge allows us to manage claims to the utmost satisfaction of the insured, while strictly maintaining expenditure levels of the insurer and the reinsurer. Global reinsurers trust Madanes with managing their claims and often appoint us as the administrator of the insurance plan with authorization to settle claims on their behalf.
MCI - Medical Consultants International
MCI is a Madanes subsidiary appointed by the risk carriers to handle medical malpractice claims in accordance with the terms and conditions of the policies. MCI receives processes, investigates, evaluates, assesses, arranges for proper legal defense, settles and pays out claims. Together with MRM, MCI has handled over 170,000 claims and adverse events since its inception.
MCI operations include:
- Receiving and assessing over 3,000 new reports, claims and demands for indemnity annually
- Deciding issues of insurance cover and allocation of claims
- Handling demands and claims made against insureds
- Assisting insureds in responding to complaints and letters of demand
- Providing legal consultation and representation to insureds
- Operating a 24-hour on-line emergency assistance
- Ongoing legal advice in medico-legal issues
- Conducting settlement negotiations
- Appointing/supervising external lawyers to handle claims in court
- Managing the Claims Forum
- Setting and periodical updating of financial reserves (Quantum) in reported claims
- Reporting to risk carriers and obtain approvals of settlements.